We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
In Guiainfantil We will not tire of repeating it, we are fond of reading, and we also want boys and girls to get bitten by the reading bug so that they are encouraged to read as many books as possible, so that they let their incredible imagination fly and discover worlds unimaginable sitting comfortably on the sofa at home. So, without further delay, today we propose organize a book club with the children at home!
What is a readding club? Well, some very fun home meetings that are made to comment on a book. The idea is to propose a book, each one reads it and a date is set for a meeting in which it is discussed and that book is commented: if we liked it, what we have learned ... At the end of the meeting, a new story is chosen and started over.
The reading club is designed to be done in a group but, if you cannot or cannot find a way to balance schedules, you can do it alone at home, in this case, the parents will be both moderators and reading companions.
Did you think it's something only grandparents do? Well no, nothing of that, it is also an excellent activity to do with the little ones in the house. You want to know why? Keep reading!
There are many benefits that books bring us and, if we read them as a family and being part of a very select club, then those benefits are multiplied by two:
- Children's interest in reading is awakened.
- Reading proficiency improves enormously.
- They acquire new vocabulary, know the grammar and spelling rules and gain fluency.
- New books and tastes by genre or author are discovered.
- Ties are created with family and friends.
- The little ones feel motivated as well as proud to belong to the club.
- On the other hand, oral expression and respect for speaking turns are worked on.
- And finally, boys and girls have a great time!
Ingredients to organize a reading club at home with children:
- Readers eager to pick up a book.
- Books and stories according to the age of the little ones.
- A coordinator (mom and dad) to help them with reading.
Steps to follow to organize the club:
1. Think of a name for the club
If you want to get off to a good start and get the kids excited about the book club, there's nothing like letting them choose the name. You'll see what cool ideas they have!
2. Prepare the books
They should be chosen according to the age and tastes of your children and their friends. So that everyone has the same, you can first check if it is a story that you already have at home, if not, you can use the options of asking a family member or friend, looking for it in the library or buying it. If the latter is going to be your option, you can create a special corner on the shelf that says: The coolest book club of all time.
3. Explorers to read!
What's up now? Well, read the book with enthusiasm and enthusiasm. Do not hesitate to give your child all the help he needs, whether you have to read the story to him because he does not know yet or he wants you to sit next to him to listen to it.
4. Set up the meeting to discuss the book
Once you have read the book, touch the most exciting thing, the meeting at home! Set the date and time, prepare some healthy snacks to share and get ready to spend a most entertaining afternoon. To prevent children from being too distracted, tell them that you are going to talk about the book first and then they can have a little free play.
The role of parents is none other than that of organize the meeting and act as coordinators and moderators. To prevent all the children from talking at the same time, take turns. For those who are more shy, you can ask short specific questions, such as: What is the name of the protagonist? What did you like to do? Do you find what you were looking for?
Reading is very enriching, so leave room in the meeting for personal opinions: Did you like the book? What did you like the most? And the least? Would you change something? What would you do if you were in the place of the protagonist?
Another ideal activity is to suggest that they draw a picture of the story on the day of the meeting or that each one of them do it at home and then share it with the rest. Surely they are very excited that everyone sees their wonderful drawings.
We finish with some extra tips that will surely be of great help:
- Always choose books according to the age of the children and that you also see that they catch their attention. First of all, let them see what the story or fable is about to see if it is to their liking.
- Choose educational books and stories, of course, but also for those who are fun as they will help them foster their creativity.
- If one day they don't feel like reading, nothing happens at all. It is an activity to motivate reading, if they see it as an obligation, you will get just the opposite, they get discouraged and lose interest.
- Parents must be moderators, coordinators, listeners and also very patient. Only then can you have the success you hope for.
- Propose complementary activities: a drawing to illustrate the story, a reading card, that the children ask the parents questions to see if they have understood the story ...
We have achieved it! We have created our own book club at home with children, How exciting!
Stories for reading club
You can read more articles similar to How to organize a wonderful book club with the children at home, in the Reading on site category.