We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
A classic that always works, that's how we could define the homemade Genoese sponge cake recipe. In addition to being delicious and being very simple to prepare, you only need 3 ingredients that are very easy to find in any grocery store. For breakfast, a snack or as a base preparation for a more complete dessert, this rich sweet will delight the whole family, including children!
You already know that experts recommend limiting sugar consumption, both for adults and for the little ones in the house. Therefore, in addition to giving you ideas on how to accompany this unleavened Genoese sponge cake, we suggest other options of healthy cupcakes to prepare delicious easy pastries. Hands to the dough!
- 4 eggs
- 120 grams of wheat flour
- 75 grams of sugar
The Genoese sponge cake is one of the simplest recipes that you will find to make a delicious cake. Both the ingredients, very easy to obtain, and the step by step are very affordable. Even for the most inexperienced cooks! Therefore, it is a fabulous homemade recipe to prepare with children. Don't forget that spending time in the kitchen with your children is an excellent way to share quality time, to work on their fine motor skills, to put their concentration into practice and to promote their autonomy.
Shall we start with that Genoese sponge cake? Your mouth will water!
1. Do you have the eggs on hand? Starts separating the whites from the yolks in two different bowls. The largest bowl you have, use it to add the egg whites.
2. Ride the clear ones to the point of snow. If you have a strong arm, you can do it by hand, but you can also use a mixer. It will be much faster and less tiring! The trick to knowing when they are well mounted is to turn the bowl over. If they don't fall off, they're done! Reserve the whites.
By the way, whenever you want, you can go lighting the oven so that it warms up. We recommend that you set it at 180 degrees, with heat on the top and bottom, but without a fan.
3. In that bowl where you have the yolks, add the sugar. Remember, the less sugar you use, the better! It is about accustoming our palate to the fact that less sugary desserts are also delicious.
4. Start Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until they start to bleach.
5. Add the flour in this bowl. To avoid clumps, use a fine strainer to sift it. Use a spoon making enveloping movements, that is, as if you were drawing circles with your arm.
If you see that all the ingredients are not mixed well, you can add a little (not much) of water. The goal is to have a very smooth and appetizing dough.
[Read +: Quick homemade dessert recipes for children]
6. Do you remember the clearings that we had ridden to the point of snow? It is the moment to incorporate them to the rest of the ingredients! Again, use circular motions to blend everything together. Do it with care and care to prevent the whites from falling down and becoming liquid again. The more air in the dough, the fluffier our Genoese sponge cake will be.
7. Arrived the moment of the oven. Place the dough that we have made (how good it looks!) On a baking tray or in a mold, depending on the shape you want to give to your cake. You can put a little butter in the mold so that the cake does not stick, but it is totally optional!
Put it in the oven at 180 degrees for about 25-30 minutes. Remember that this time may vary depending on the power of your oven and the thickness of the cake. In any case, to know that your dessert is ready, you just have to prick it with a knife or a skewer stick. If it comes out clean and dry, that's it! If it comes out with remnants of the dough, you will have to leave it a little longer. Keep an eye on your cake so it does not burn or stay too dry.
Delicious! Remember: if the first time it doesn't turn out the way you expected, keep trying! Practice makes a master.
Due to its simplicity and flavor, this Genoese sponge cake with only 3 ingredients already triumphs by itself at any breakfast or snack. But if you're thinking of looking for accompaniments, here are some ideas.
- Fruits, the best companions
Some sliced strawberries, very thin orange slices, pieces of banana, grapes (be careful to avoid choking in children!) ... Any fruit is a good accompaniment to this Genoese sponge cake.
- Dark chocolate
Hmm ... Melt a few ounces of dark chocolate in a double boiler or microwave (better if 85% or higher). Spread it on top of your Genoese sponge cake ... and enjoy!
- Trunk from Genoese sponge cake
As you may have already noticed, this simple cake does not contain yeast, so it can be used to make a rich log, also known as gypsy arm. To do this, you just have to add the ingredients that you like the most: cream, liquid chocolate, fruits ... and roll the cake as if it were a roll. If you do it hot it will be easier for you. How much the whole family will enjoy this dessert!
- As a base for a cake
And just like you can make a log, this homemade Genoese sponge cake recipe can serve as the base for a cake. You just have to use the ingredients that you like the most to coat it. Give it imagination!
And if you want to opt for breakfasts or snacks with less sugar, here are some ideas that are very simple to prepare and the result is just as (or more) rich.
- Banana and oatmeal cake
Very easy and tasty. With two eggs, oatmeal (or the oatmeal flakes themselves), 3 bananas (better if they are ripe), an envelope of yeast and a little milk (optional), you can make a delicious and very healthy sponge cake. It is as simple as mixing all the ingredients well using a mixer to remove the lumps and bake. With 180 degrees and a half hour in the oven is usually enough.
Extra: with a little cinnamon, the result will be even more impressive.
- Rich and traditional lemon sponge cake
Who doesn't like lemon biscuits? To make them with less sugar, substitute unsweetened plain yogurt for lemon-flavored yogurt and date paste for sugar. You can also change the wheat flour for oatmeal or almond flour. Mix the ingredients with two eggs, lemon juice and zest, and an envelope of yeast. Baked for about 30 minutes at 180 degrees!
- Carrot cupcakes
With oatmeal or oatmeal flakes, some grated carrots, two eggs, a natural yogurt, milk (or vegetable drink), yeast and date paste, you can make a delicious carrot cake. Put all the ingredients together and in the oven for about 30 minutes with 180 degrees. Don't forget the touch of cinnamon to make it even richer.
More cake recipe ideas to cook with children
You can read more articles similar to Homemade Genoese sponge cake recipe with 3 ingredients. Cooking with children, in the category of Biscuits - muffins on site.