We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
We don't want it to happen to us. We do not want to be part of the list of thousands of infected in our country by coronavirus. We do not want it for ourselves or for any of the people who make up our family unit: partner, children, grandparents ... We can try to prevent it - hand washing is basic - but if we already have it in our body, we must assume it and Above all, we must protect those who live with us. These are the hygiene measures to follow if someone is infected with coronavirus at home.
Italy, Spain, France and thus a series of countries that are taking the necessary measures to stop the curve of those infected by coronavirus. Politicians have already spoken, health workers are working body and soul to save lives, and citizens must stay home to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
If we are not infected, the fact of being in quarantine distances us more and more from being infected. What happens to these people who have inadvertently been with people who carry the virus or have symptoms? What can we do if our children or any other family member with whom we share the same roof gives positive in the diagnosis of coronavirus?
The person must, as far as possible and as long as he fends for himself, stay and sleep in a room with only a window (to be able to ventilate it) and have a bathroom. It is also important that you have a trash can or trash can with an automatic lid so that you can open it with your foot and, thus, touch as little things as possible. In relation to the hygienic measures that we must adopt immediately, these should focus on three areas.
The first thing to do is designate a person who will be in charge of daily cleaning of the house and will have the following tasks:
- Ventilate each of the rooms for at least five minutes a day.
- Stock up on gloves and a mask before starting to clean the house. They will be single use only and should be thrown away after using them for your mission.
- Make a solution of bleach without detergent in a ratio of 1:50.
- Spread this preparation on the surfaces most likely to carry bacteria and viruses: tables, door handles, keys, bathroom taps, toilets, telephones, keyboards, tablets, bedside tables and all surfaces that may contain blood, feces, or body fluids.
Another important aspect that we must take care of when washing clothes. There you will also have to take special measures that consist of:
- Divide and do not mix the clothes of the patient from the rest of the family, that is, put a washing machine only for their things with the same detergent as always.
- Before handling your clothing (it may contain viruses) it is important that you wear disposable gloves.
- To move it from one place to another put it in a bag and try to avoid contact with your body.
- Under no circumstances air your clothes. It must be disinfected.
- Select a washing program with a temperature of 60-90ºC.
- Let the clothes dry completely.
- You must have a towel for personal use.
The virus can easily spread through kitchen utensils, so it is very necessary to also take extreme hygiene measures in them.
- Each member of the family must have their own cutlery and glasses.
- Wash the dishes with hot soapy water and, preferably, in the dishwasher on a program that reaches 60ºC.
And don't forget to wash your hands thoroughly throughout the day with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and use a disinfectant that contains between 60-95% alcohol. Do it before handling any food, before and after eating, after going to the bathroom and if you come from the street because you have gone out for something urgent, after sneezing or coughing and, of course, if you touch a sick patient.
You can read more articles similar to Hygiene measures at home if someone in the family has coronavirus, in the category of child hygiene on site.