We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Friendship is the most valuable treasure in a person's life. Therefore, we must take care of it, cultivate it and defend it so that it continues to grow. That's what this beautiful tale of A Christmas in the woods.
Read this story to your children and convey the beautiful message that exists in this Christmas story. The stories are a good tool to educate and explain to children about the true meaning of Christmas.
Once upon a time there was a beautiful town in the middle of a lush and colorful forest inhabited by cheerful animals. Every year, with the fall of the first snows and the arrival of the stars of light, gathered around the Great Tree to prepare for Christmas and know one of the most anticipated news of the season.
All the activities carried out at that time were aimed at coexistence, the promotion of friendship and fun.
The Christmas cooking contest, organized by Mrs. Squirrel, was the delight of the most eateries. The smallest participated in the traditional Ice Race, that took place in the frozen lake and they attended every afternoon to the rehearsals of Miss Deer, in charge of the choir that cheered every corner of the forest with her Christmas carols.
And of course there was the best night of all: the Good night, in which a play was represented that had friendship as its central theme. Mr. Owl, as director of the theater school, selected a piece from among all those sent by the aspiring animals to be chosen to fill the hearts of the forest dwellers with peace, but that year:
- Welcome everyone to the preparatory meeting for Christmas, said Lord Owl perched on the most robust branch of the Great Tree. This year, the choice of the work was very close because all the proposals were of high quality, but a winner had to be chosen. So without further delay Let's give a round of applause to Mr. Rabbit, author of the winning work 'Let's save the forest'.
- Thank you, thank you, it is an honor for me, Rabbit exclaimed between applause.
- Well, you already know that tomorrow at ten we will start the selection tests. We ask those interested to be punctual, concluded Mr. Búho.
The next day, at the agreed time, the selection began. Being a musical, the tests focused on singing and dancing skills, as they were essential requirements. The play told the plot of a ranger that he had to save the flora of an evil lumberjack, obsessed with cutting down a thousand-year-old Tree and destroying everything that stood in his way.
In his fight to preserve the natural environment, the ranger had the invaluable help of a sunflower and a lily that put their cunning at the service of the noble cause. After several hours, the papers were distributed as follows: Mr. Bear would be the gamekeeper, Castor would be the vile woodcutter, Mrs. Pata would be the sunflower, and Mrs. Lynx would be the lily..
In the beginning everything was going great, the actors were happy with their roles and worked hard to perfect their performances, until the worst of ghosts appeared: envy.
- Mr. Rabbit, I think Castor should have a little more prominence. The lumberjack is full of nuances and we could create some spectacular special effects that would blow the audience away, said Mr. Owl in one of the rehearsals.
- Yes, you may be right and I should tweak the text to give Castor more weight. We can make a Play of light and shadows every time you appear and enhance your role.
At these words Castor was very happy, because he was very excited about the Christmas play, but Bear did not see him with the same eyes. If Castor was given more prominence, that meant that he would cease to be the absolute protagonist, and he did not like that at all.
He test the next day was chaos. Instead of moving forward, they took steps backward. Bear was not cooperating and Castor, who had realized what was happening, was very surly.
As if that weren't enough, the costumes had also been a source of conflict between the girls. Ms. Pata felt that Ms. Lince's dress was more eye-catching and should have been drawn by lots. The tension on stage it could be cut and the disaster did not wait, and during the rehearsal of the final scene, which brought together all the actors on stage to interpret the final number, they began to push each other with such vigor that part of the set it broke.
- Order, order, but hey what's up? - Rabbit asked angrily. You have spoiled the work of several days and of all those who have collaborated in the staging. There are only two days until Christmas Eve, but if we had more time, I would kick you all out of the play. The test for today. Rabbit was furious, he didn't understand anything. But how could they fight over such a thing?
The following day the inhabitants woke up to witness a terrible event: the snow it had disappeared and the stars of light had gone out. How was it possible? Frightened, the animals congregated around the Great Tree, seeking the wise advice of Mr. Owl.
- Dear forest dwellers, the spirit of Christmas is gone, said Owl.
- And how can we make it come back? Mrs. Squirrel asked scared.
- We're going to run out of Christmas, a cub was heard saying.
- Today is a very sad day. The envy has unleashed negative chain reactions. The snow has melted, the stars They have stopped looking and the play is in danger.
Bear was listening behind a bush and had fear to go out because he knew it was the trigger for the situation, but he had to be brave and face the consequences of his own actions, so he decided to leave.
- So sorry. If there is any guilty, that's me. Envy blinded me. What can I do to correct my mistake?
- No, you don't have to bear the blame alone, I have also contributed to my bad behavior. For what it's worth I'm sorry too, Beaver lamented.
- If you're excited, I'll change your dress, I care more about you friendship than a piece of cloth, Mrs. Lince exclaimed giving Mrs. Pata a hug.
- Look, it's snowing! a voice yelled enthusiastically.
- Yes and it seems that in the sky the stars shine again. The Christmas spirit has returned! It was heard.
That year, Christmas was lived with great intensity in the forest, after all they were about to lose it forever. They had learned their lesson and now they knew that envy was blinding and had very negative effects that could not be controlled.
So so that they will not forget they never built a large wooden plaque that they hung from the Great Tree. In it you could read the following inscription: "The most valuable treasure you have is friendship, take care of it every day and it will grow."
Story sent by Helena López-Casares Pertusa - Spain
Did you like the story of 'A Christmas in the forest'? It is very beautiful and, in addition, it transmits a very enriching final message for adults, but also for children. The best way to ensure that they have stayed with him is through these reading comprehension questions.
1. Where did the animals gather to celebrate Christmas?
2. What was represented on Christmas Eve?
3. What is the title of the play you are going to perform?
4. Why do the discussions start in the forest?
5. What happened to the snow and the stars?
6. What is the most valuable value that they learned and that we all have?
'A Christmas in the forest' takes place, as its name suggests, at Christmas time, but if you want to work with your children throughout the year on the value of friendship through stories, here is a selection of short stories!
- Three good friends
Many times it is thought that three are a multitude, but in the field of friendship that is not the case. What happens is that, sometimes, you have to give in a little so that others do not get angry, and vice versa. And that is what happens to Mirlo, Lobo and Sapo, three good friends.
- Sneaker race
'We are all different, but we all have something good and we can all be friends and help each other when we need it. This is another powerful message that the story of Giraffe and other animals transmits to us with the excuse of running a marathon all together. And, something more and very important: accept your friends as they are.
- The star and his new friends
Through friendship, children can also learn to work as a team and show solidarity with each other, as this precious story shows.
- Two inseparable friends
The basis of all friendship has to be respect, because only then can you grow in a healthy way and without conflict. Show it to your children through the adventures of a bear and a fox that become inseparable.
- Sapon and the hare Casilda
The stories are for fun and to spend time with the family, but if we can also use this support as an educational tool, all the better! 'Sapon and the hare Casilda' shows that, although two people may seem very different, nothing prevents them from becoming the best friends in the world.
- Fluff, where are you?
And finally, we want to recommend the friendship story of Marieta, her fluffy sheep and a wolf that is not as fierce as it seems. A story that will make children also reflect on whether or not it is worth being evil.
The human being is, by nature, sociable and, therefore, needs to relate to other people. What happens is that the character and personality of each one will determine the number of friends that you will have. There are people who with two or three people close to him have enough, and at the other extreme are those who always seek to have someone confidant.
Nor should we forget that this changes according to age. And it is that as the child gets older, he limits his circle. In any case, we have to encourage our children to interact with other children and have friends, because this will generate many benefits for them. Do you want to know some of the advantages?
- They learn to share
If you want a child to play with him, you will have to leave the toys and be generous.
- They discover what solidarity is
A friend has to be there for the good and for the bad, and that is an act of kindness and solidarity
- They promote decision-making
Through a friendship relationship, children will be aware that they are not alone in the world and that there are rules and that decisions must be made.
- They improve the feeling of self-esteem
Through friends, children discover who they are (I'm nice, I'm good at math, I'm tall ...) and this affects their self-esteem. In addition, they feel part of a group and that reinforces them.
- They help academic performance
Our children spend most of their time at school or high school. It is your second or first home. If they have a good atmosphere there, they will be happy and they will go happy. They will help each other to do their homework, to study, and this will affect their grades for good.
Only in cases where the other person generates a feeling of guilt or is trying to change us, we should put this relationship on hold! And, as Aristotle says, there are several types of friendship: for pleasure, for utility and true friendship.
You can read more articles similar to A Christmas in the woods. Christmas story, in the category of Stories on site.