We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Mexican food is among the most popular in the world thanks to its appeal and variety. With very simple ingredients, delicious dishes can be presented with great visual appeal, something that always comes in handy with children.
Among the most common dishes of Mexican food, along with tacos, are the Tamales, which can be prepared in very different ways depending on the region. We propose a simple recipe for chicken tamales so that you can prepare them for your children.
- Corn cob leaves
- 200 gr. corn flour
- 75 gr. lard
- 65 ml. broth or water
- 425 gr. of chicken
- 1 onion
1. First you have to clean and soften the leaves of the ears by washing them in hot water.
2. To make the masa for the tamales, mix the cornmeal with the butter and the broth to form a paste.
3. For the filling, chop the onion very finely, heat oil in a frying pan and fry it until it is transparent. Add the chopped chicken and season to taste.
4. Put a little dough and a little filling on one end of the cob leaf and roll it on itself to form the tamales. Tie them with a piece of leaf or thread.
5. Finally, steam the tamales in a pot for 30 minutes, unwrap and eat.
You can read more articles similar to Chicken tamales. Mexican recipe for kids, in the category of Mexican Recipes on site.